Coconut Milk + Turmeric Oats (V, GF)
So I recently learned about the magical taste, as well as the healing powers, of turmeric. I've been roasting green veggies and sweet potatoes with this savory spice like crazy for the past few months, and the other morning, I decided to try it out in my breakfast bowl of oatmeal.
Three words: really. good. choice.
The advice I have about turmeric for you? Less, less, less is MORE. You only need just a touch of this stuff for it to make an impact on your meal; plus, I find that more than a teaspoon makes my food wayyy too turmeric-y.
This bowl of oats is rich, decadent, and savory. I know you'll love it as much as I do! Happy Friday, my dears.
Coconut Milk + Turmeric Oats (Vegan, Gluten-free)
A filling and delightful breakfast that's vegan, nutrient-rich, and gluten-free.
- 2 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (found in the canned foods aisle)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats (option for them to be GF)
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon nut butter (I used Sun Butter!)
- any toppings you like (re: banana, blueberries, granola)
- In a small pot, bring almond milk and coconut milk to a low oil
- Add in oats, turmeric, vanilla extract, and sea salt
- Cover and cook for about 10 minutes, or until the liquid is fully absorbed
- Top with peanut butter and whatever else your heart desires
- Eat & enjoy!